Thursday, August 1, 2013

Humility

Humble people are like an endangered species. They're captivating like the graceful, purposeful movements of a Bengal Tiger. It's so rare you almost want to take a picture when you see it. What's so scary about admitting that you are wrong, broken, confused, hurt, pissed as hell? There is something so appealing about honesty and being okay with your faults and not putting on a mask for the rest of the world. Those are the kind of people I want to be around. Those are the people that give me hope. That's what life is about. It's about falling on your face, getting dirt on your hands, your face. It's about getting hurt, cut, bruised and getting UP anyway. It's not about putting on bandaids, or washing the dirt from under your fingernails. At least I know that's what it's a little about. Being different is trendy. Being humble, however, is not popular. It's ugly and it's offensive and it causes noses to turn up. If I can offend people with my humility, that will be a great milestone for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment